The ABA gives tips for better use of PowerPoint.
Specific tips given include the following:
- Don’t Overuse PowerPoint
- Don’t Misuse PowerPoint
- Speak with Passion, Not PowerPoint
- Use Plain English in Your Speech and Graphics
- Use PowerPoint to Educate the Jury in Voir Dire and Opening Statement
- Have Strong Content in Your Spoken Words, Slides, and Written Materials
- Don’t Dilute Your Message with Too Many Bullet Point Lists
- Focus on Clear Delivery
- If the Slide Is a Distraction, You Are Missing the “Point”!
- Design, Color, and Layout Are Important
- Does Color Matter?
- Does Size Matter? Remember 8H!
- Use Fonts That Are Easy to Read