Steve Akers, Senior Fiduciary Counsel, Southwest Region, Bessemer Trust, has made available for download his musings regarding the 50th Annual Phillip E. Hecklering Institute on Estate Planning. The summary is as follows:
A summary of observations from some of the sessions at the 50th Annual Philip E. Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning held in Orlando, Florida the week of January 11, 2016, as well as observations from other current developments, is available on the link below.
Some of the topics include:
- Legislative matters and IRS priorities (including basis consistency guidance)
- Planning issues and trends that are most relevant to planners in the current environment
- Hot topics on the IRS’s radar screen
- Various recent case law developments, including pending cases impacting intra-family sales
- Transfer planning with private derivatives
- Rejuvenating state irrevocable trusts through trust-to-trust transfers; fixing “broken” trusts
- Creative planning strategies with lifetime QTIP trusts
- Diminished capacity planning concerns
- Wide variety of other practical planning issues
Click here for the detailed summary.
Posted by Pooja Shivaprasad, Associate Editor, Wealth Strategies Journal