Steve Akers, Senior Fiduciary Counsel, Southwest Region, Bessemer Trust, has made available for download his extensive summary of the 2015 Annual ACTEC meetings on the Bessemer website. The abstract for Mr. Aker’s full report reads as follows:
The 2015 ACTEC Annual Meeting was held in Marco Island, Florida on March 5-8, 2015. A summary of my observations from the seminars at the meeting are available on the link below.
The topics covered include:
- Estate planning current developments over the last year
- Trachtman lecture (by Carlyn McCaffrey), Past, Present, and Possibly the Future of the Transfer Tax System
- Retirement plan beneficiary designations
- Ethical considerations in serving as or representing executors or trustees
- Reviewing appraisals
- Tax considerations in fiduciary litigation
- Using equitable principles in fiduciary litigation; Intentional interference with expectancy of inheritance tortuous claim
- Succession principles for civil law countries and related conflict of laws issues
- Basis planning
- Giving a business to charity
- Entering and exiting tax planning techniques in the current tax law environment
- Controlling from the grave by using flexible trust provisions
Click here to see page where download of full report is available.
Posted by Lewis J. Saret, Co-General Editor, Wealth Strategies Journal.