- Robot Lawyers, ‘Skills Training,’ And Legal Education// TaxProf Blog. Following up on Paul’s follow up on Whittier Law School, my summer project has to do with the limits of artificial intelligence in the process of lawyering, and its impact on how and what we teach in law school.
- Sale Of A Contract: Capital Gain Or Ordinary Income? Maximize Capital Gain- In the sale of a business, it is the goal of every business owner and his tax adviser to minimize the amount of gain realized and, to the extent gain is realized, to maximize the amount that wsj5 is treated as capital gain….
- This Simple Email Habit Will Make You More Productive, by Sam Glover. If Inbox Zero sounds good in theory but you are too busy to spend time learning a full-on system for managing your email, here is a simple way to get your email under control that you can start doing as soon as you are finished reading this.
- Why you need EXPERT ADVICE if you have a PFIC and you are out of Compliance! Taxpayers need to rely on the expert professional advice of a tax specialist for the treatment of Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs) during Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) reporting.
- Here’s how Donald Trump transferred wealth to his son Eric while avoiding the usual taxes | Raw Story
- Texas Supreme Court Disputes Reach of Obergefell in Employee Benefits CaseSeyfarth Synopsis: The Texas Supreme Court held that the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark marriage equality decision, Obergefell v. Hodges, did not dispositively address how far government employers must go in providing benefits to same-sex married…
- 9 HIPAA Settlements So Far This Year// Above the Law. In the world of health IT, there have already been a plethora of HIPAA settlements.
Posted by Lewis J. Saret, Co-General Editor, Wealth Strategies Journal.